School of Theology 2018 with Dr. Samuel Renihan
We are privileged to have Dr. Samuel Renihan leading SBC’s School of Theology in 2018 on the topic of Covenant Theology from 9-11 July.
Over three full days of teaching, Dr. Renihan will take us through the great theme of God’s covenantal dealings with His people. Sam notes, “Through a wide-ranging study of the Scriptures, this class presents a theology of the biblical covenants. Special attention will be paid to the relationship between biblical and systematic theology, to the connection of covenant to kingdom, and to the influences and emphases of historical Reformed covenant theology in its unity and diversity.”
Dr. Renihan currently serves as pastor of Trinity Reformed Baptist Church in La Mirada, California, and he has written a number of books including God without Passions: a Reader and a Primer, and From Shadow to Substance: The Federal Theology of the English Particular Baptists (1642-1704). Sam completed his M.Div. from Westminster Seminary California and has recently been awarded his Ph.D. from the Free University of Amsterdam.
SBC hosts the annual School of Theology to encourage pastors and aspiring leaders to consider great biblical truths, discuss practical applications and to promote fellowship between like minded churches.
The cost for SOT2018 is $50 for three days which covers all learning material and also all meals.
If you would like to attend SOT2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details as places are limited and priority is given to past attendees.
– Registrations are full and now closed –
- 8.15am Mon 9th July: doors open for registration (lower hall).
- Please arrive early to collect name tag & lecture notes, coffee etc.
- Teaching sessions run from 9am – 1pm, lunch break, 2pm -5.30pm
- Lunch and refreshments for morning/afternoon tea will be provided throughout the day
- Fellowship dinner will be hosted on Mon evening for those who can attend.