Our series “Doctrines to Die For” takes us back 500 years to the start of the Protestant Reformation. The Reformation was a movement that involved figures such as Luther, Zwingli, Calvin and others who rediscovered key biblical doctrines by the grace of God.
Underpinning the Reformation was the re-establishment of Scripture Alone as the ultimate infallible authority in the Church. This created a platform which led to the recovery of the Gospel summarised by the solas: Faith Alone, In Christ Alone, By Grace Alone and to the Glory of God Alone.
We plan to explore the meaning of each of these doctrines, their historical significance and their present day applications throughout Aug-Oct 2017.
1. Series Introduction & Sola Scriptura 1 – What is Scripture and its Attributes – 2Tim3 (50 min, 20 Aug 2017)
2. Sola Scriptura 2 – The Necessity of Scripture Alone from Mark7:1-13 (36 min, 27 Aug 2017)
3. Solus Christus 1 – Who is the Christ? Our need for His person & His work (40 min, 3 Sept 2017)
- SOLUS CHRISTUS (3 & 10 Sept)
- SOLA GRATIA (17 & 24 Sept)
- SOLA FIDE (1 & 15 Oct)
- SOLI DEO GLORIA (22 & 29 Oct)