Judges: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
The book of Judges is set in a time when there was no king & everyone did what was right in their own eyes. This is a sad & an embarrassing period in Israel’s history when the people should have conquered the land, but their lack of faith led them to a downward spiral into anarchy.
From the chaos, God raised up Judges to deliver the people from their enemies from without & from within. Names such as Gideon, Barak, Samson & Jephthah are lauded as heroes in the New Testament, but a closer look at their lives leaves us pondering how God could use such broken instruments for good.
This sermon series reminds us that our gracious God can use the Good, the Bad & the Ugly to advance His Kingdom despite the lawlessness of the land. It is a call to faithfulness in the church of God today, for Great is His faithfulness!
Please join us 10:30am Sunday morning. All welcome.
Listen to Messages below:
1. Judges 1-2: Series introduction / God’s mission, our failure & His provision, 33 min, 24 Jan 2016
2. Judges 3: God uses a Faithful (Othniel) & Suprising (Ehud) Judge, 30 min, 31 Jan
3. Judges 4-5: God uses men & women equally, but differently (Deborah & Barak), 34 min, 14 Feb 2016
4. Judges 6-8: Gideon – a man of doubt & faith, 42 min, 21 Feb 2016
5. Judges 11: Jephthah – vows that require sacrifice for salvation, 43 min, 28 Feb 2016
6. Judges 13-16: Samson – the man of strength brought undone by sin, 44 min, 6 Feb 2016
7. Judges 17-21: The ugly & depraved reality when there is no king, 48 min, 13 March 2016