Where did I come from and why am I here? Is there any purpose or meaning to life? How should we relate to others and the environment? Why is there so much suffering and will it ever end? These are common question many people ask and are searching answers for.
Our series in Genesis takes us back to the very beginning of time. It is God’s story to explain the beginnings of the world, humanity, sin and suffering, and also the promise of help and redemption. Genesis addresses many of the questions above and provides a basis for understanding our identity and the world we live in.
Join us 10.30am Sunday to rediscover God’s original plan and purpose for creation and His work of rescue throughout history.
1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth Gen1:1 (37 min, 28 Jan 2018)
2. The beginning of the World Gen1:3-31 (42 min, 4 Feb 2018)
3. The beginning of Humanity (Significance of being made in the Image of God) Gen 1:26-31 (42 min, 11 Feb 2018)
4. The beginning of Work (pleasure and pain) Gen1:28ff (37 min, 18 Feb 2018)
5. The beginning of Men and Women (two genders with equality and unique differences) Gen2:4-24ff (43 min, 25 Feb 2018)
6. The beginning of Complementary Roles and Relationships Gen 1-2 (40 min, 4 March 2018)
7. The beginning of the Garden
DOWNLOAD FURTHER READING: Biblical Manhood & Womanhood (John Piper & Wayne Grudem)
Series break on 18 March for Combined Church Camp & Easter then series will recommence.
15 April – The beginning of Sin and Shame (Gen 3:1-7)
22 April – The beginning of Suffering and Promise of Rescue (Gen 3:8-24)
29 April – The inheritance of Sin – the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree (Gen 4-5)
6 May – The global spread of sin and God’s judgement (Gen 6)
13 May – The provision of a saviour (Gen 7-8)